One Safety Engineer
• Safety is part of everyone’s work. Think before you act.
• Comply with safety instructions.
• Observe the permit to work system and specific requirements contained therein.
• Do not use, operate, repair or adjust equipment without authorization.
• Use the correct tools / equipment for your work. Use them properly.
• Do not engage in practical jokes or the teasing of work-mates.
• Do not tamper with any safety / fire protection equipment.
• Do not sleep in the workplace.
• Do not smoke in non-smoking areas.
• Observe safety signs.
As means to identify the staff, contractor’s workers and other personnel the following colour code for the safety helmets shall be followed
ELCON Staff - White
Subcontractor Staff - White with red band
Contractor workers - Yellow
Technicians - Red
Safety Personnel - Green
• Minimum personal protective equipment
• for construction site shall be Safety Helmet, Safety Boots / Shoes
• IF YOU DO NOT KNOW, THEN ASK.
• All employees including visitors shall wear safety helmet at all times when they are in site. Site Security shall provide Safety helmet to visitors.
• The persons working at height more than 2 meter must wear safety belt and anchor properly.
• Working clothes should be close fitting with no loose flaps or bulging pockets. All workers must wear long pants when they are at site.
• Do not venture in dark or poorly illuminated areas
• Do not take short cuts, always use a safe route.
• Do not stand near unguarded edge where you may fall from height.
• Use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, where required
• Do not wear rings and jewelry when working at moving machinery, electrical equipment or in cramped spaces
• Do not tamper or remove the safety guards provided.
• Wash forearms and hands thoroughly before eating and end of the work
• Do not eat in the work places. Eating must be done at the designated area.
• Do not spit indiscriminately
• Dispose all litter promptly and in the proper bins.